Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My First Scratch (Golf)


Today, I went out for quick round of golf  with one of my colleague (after work) at nearby 9-hole Rancho Duarte Golf Course. It is nice little executive course (par 31), with par-3 and par-4 holes and fast greens. It was bit overcast, but nice breeze made the playing all the more enjoyable.
I played at this and other courses many times before and came close to shooting par, but could never actually do it. Since I started paying golf around 3 and half years back, it was my dream to do a scratch round (for those not familiar with golf, scratch is term used to define a round under par; for more info refer this page). Well, today was that day. I shot total of 30 for one under par (-1). I hit 8 of 9 greens in regulation and finished the round with back to back birdies.


BTW, I was lucky to score hole-in-one once at Los Feliz Golf Course around 2 years back.  
My next goal - Scratch for a regulation course. It is not going to be easy..














No comments:

Understanding JavaScript Prototypal Inheritance for Java developers

Inheritance is a fundamental concept in programming languages. However, it is implemented differently in Object-Oriented Languages such as J...